Ease up for a minute....  Look at it my way.  I KNOW I am gonna need an
external tuner with massive capability to do the same thing I am doing
now....  only one tuner on the commercial market will tune my 80m loop
at 1500W the way the K3s can.

I didn't WANT an onboard tuner...  I consider the price point fair for
an amp only.  It would cost me roughly that much to build one from a
true kit, boards, or schematic...  (Looking forward to it).

Tuning full range, full-power, from 160-6m, from more than 3:1 gets
expensive, big, and heavy in a hurry....

MOST folks don't need/want a tuner like that, especially if it takes
more money out their pocket.

Consider the on-board tuner a bonus extra...  and if so inclined send up
a prayer the FCC approval is rapidly forthcoming.  :-)

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G