We're at 160% or normal precipitation this year in the Cascades. The
ground everywhere is Jello. That said, the models are saying our area
will be to the equivalent to 7.0+ if the subduction zones goes off as
predicted.
Winter before last there were several million board feet of large
Douglas Fur that blocked all of the roads for days as a result of a snow
storm.
You nailed it regarding the bridges. We have steep canyons, granitic and
serpentine geological conditions and too many bridges. I'd like to say
that radio is a hobby but the fact is that my only motive was that lives
are at stake.  I'm learning.

73
Stan
KG7FYI
~~~~  -.-  --.  --...  ..-.  -.--  .. ><((((ยบ>

On 04/30/2017 03:28 PM, kev...@coho.net [via Elecraft] wrote:
> When we get that 9.0 quake many of my local roads will go away. The
> gravel logging roads carved into the side of the mountain will
> collapse.  They regularly do so during our torrential rain season.  A
> quake will just make it worse.  Plus the number of trees I'll have to
> cut between here and my mailbox will take at least a 5 gallon container
> of fuel.  Luckily the CB radios will still work so I can get the local
> loggers to carve me out.
>
> However, at that point I'll have to worry about all the bridges between
> here and there.  Only the smallest ones will have a chance of remaining
> passable.  I have charged deep cycle marine batteries and reels of spare
> antenna wire.  As long as I have a roof over my head I'll be able to
> communicate.  Even then I do have a tent to live in until civilization
> rights itself again.  The local grouse, rabbit, and deer population may
> take a hit though :)
>
>      GL in the big one,
>
>           Kevin.  KD5ONS

-----