Hazel left me with a downed Willow tree fort in Virginia for weeks until the
adults arrived with saws to remove it.
Ken ke4rg

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Walter
Underwood
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2017 6:36 PM
To: Elecraft List <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] NVIS HF vs VHF line-of-sight & CB in 9.0 quakes

I was at work during the Loma Prieta earthquake. Our HP building (now a Tesla
building) on Deer Creek Road had hydrogen piping and  HF Waste  piping. That
was fine, but a 4  main in the sprinkler system broke, soaking lab notebooks. I
remember planning a route home to Mountain View that did not go under or over
any bridges. I still had to deal with a water main break.

And then there was Hurricane Betsy when I was growing up in Baton Rouge. No
phone for 7 days and no power for 10 days. The toppled red oak in the back yard
was the best tree fort ever.

<snip>