Olaf,

The relays used by Elecraft are quite reliable, so I suspect that is not a reasonable source of the problem. In more than 12 years of repairing the Elecraft legacy gear (more than 1200 repairs), I have had to replace only a small handful of relays due to failure. I have replaced several where the builder has distorted the case with a soldering iron.

I would double and triple check the SUBIN and SUBOUT connectors. A connector failure is much more likely than a relay failure.

You might contact K3support to see if they have encountered a situation like yours before.

73,
Don W3FPR