From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of William
Lagerberg
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:30 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Fire in the house li-ion

Guys,

I want to give you a advice, my shack it (was) in the basement (cellar??) I do
all my thing for the hobby there.
A collega of mine asked me to take a look at two Go-Pro LI-Ion accu's because
they where not loading anymore.

So I put the first one on the loader for 8 till 9 hours and checked it and it
was ok  ( with 10% loading current) Then I dit put the second one in same place
at 10 in the morning at 3 my daughter called me there is a fire.
We rusted to the cellar but I could not enter it was filled with dark smoke.

My shack is gone and 90 % off my house, I have insurance don’t now if it is
enough to cover all of my Elecraft stuff

My K1, my own build K2 my K3  and my KX3 are gone, I found my K1 in 20 cm off
water really down under, I clean’t it with fresh water.
After that flushed it with pure alcohol. It is completely taken apart today as
far as is possible.
I Hope it will survive I will let it dry for a lot of day’s

My K2 is melted the same as my P3 and my K3 perhaps I can order the outside of
both, but a am still not allowed to enter the basement so I don’t know how it
looks at the inside.

So finale the message is please take care with li-ion accuse battery’s. It did
cost me our house in 1 hour.

http://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/206119/bewoner-vlucht-met-dieren-pand-uit-vanwege-grote-brand

<http://www.nhnieuws.nl/nieuws/206119/bewoner-vlucht-met-dieren-pand-uit-vanwege-grote-brand>

Regards William Pe1bsb