Interesting. I built my K2/100 about 17 years ago and the fan has always
drawn air into the cabinet and exhausted over the heatsink. So, I rechecked
the manual and disassembled my rig to check for proper assembly. Fan label
is facing out and wires are soldered to the right pads(red=+, black=-). Was
there maybe a change in later models?

73, George

Make certain the fan is mounted with the label out and that the red wire
is in the +hole and the black one in the -hole.
The fan should exhaust the hot air.  Cooler air flows in at the front of
the heatsink.