Chris,

What you're describing has always been proper operating etiquette.

However, they're referring to actually moving the calling freq up from 125. The
problem is that 125 is the top edge of DX window. You get a strong local using
SSB in 125 and it's too close to very weak DX.

73,
Josh W6XU

Sent from my mobile device