I'm not aware of any electronics company that doesn't, from time to time, sell and ship a product with faults. For what it's worth, that's why the company provides a warranty. Otherwise, no warranty would be needed if they are "perfect" 100% of the time. Won't happen!

Seems some folks are just luckier than others in that they always get the ones which are defective. Bummer! The best part is that the company is responsive and in a very timely manner as many are not.

I am very pleased with the build quality, physical quality / appearance and performance of my K3S, which is now on the desk for almost 2 years. One fellows KX3 at Field Day two years ago inspired me to look at and move to Elecraft. Glad I did and haven't looked back, nor at any other brand / model.

73

Bob, K4TAX

S/N 10163