Grady,

Is that "250mA at 30 V (max)" the listing in the rig's specifications?
If so, it says that the rig's rating for its KEYOUT (or PTT Out) is the maximum it can tolerate without damage. It normally would be a closure to ground (either through a saturated transistor or FET or relay points), and source no voltage of its own.

You can easily check that by putting your DMM probe between the PTT Out jack and ground. First set your DMM to read voltage and do a quick transmit. If my guess is right, your DMM will read zero volts when in either receive or transmit - proof that the rig does not source voltage on its PTT Out jack. That spec rating is only the maximum voltage and current that it can handle from an external device.

If all that is true, then set the DMM to read ohms, and then put it in transmit. The DMM is expected to indicate very nearly zero ohms.

If those things check out as expected you are "good to go". The KXPA100 will source 5 volts with a current of 1mA when the KEYIN jack is shorted. That does not exceed either the voltage nor the maximum current rating for your rig.

Nothing is needed other than the connecting cable.

73,
Don W3FPR