I have a MacBook Pro Retina Display running Sierra 10.12.5 that I use with my
KX3 when operating portable. Part of my operating is done with WSJT-X, for JT65
and JT9 modes. This software is very time sync critical - the computer clock
needs to be within +- one second accuracy. Here at home on my wireless network
connected to our cable company, works great.

However, a recent trip to the southern Philippines as DU8/W6JHB with this
equipment was an eye-opener. I completely forgot that the laptop clock would
not keep that sort of accuracy without having Internet access. I saw many
signals, but WSJT-X decoded nothing at first. Luckily I realized what was
happening and was able to access and connect to the WiFi network at the resort
we were staying at. This connection provided the accuracy the software needed
and all was good.

But - when we return on our next "vacation" we may not have the luxury of a
resort having WiFi for it's guests. So, I'm looking for some sort of device
that I can use to keep the laptop clock accurate. Internet access would be a
bonus, but of most importance is that internal clock.

Any suggestions? By the way, a mega-buck device is pretty much out of the
question. Just ask my wife... :-)

73, Jim

Jim Bennett / W6JHB
Folsom, CA