Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:36:00 -0400
From: "j...@kk9a.com" <j...@kk9a.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft]  Remote Operating Time Sync

Why is accurate time important with these modes?

John KK9A
I know Eric moderated this topic so I will be brief, but all comments so far danced around the reason you need accurate time for WSJT modes. These are synchronous digital modes to both stations computers need to know when the start of the message begins.

I use a simple cheap GPS with USB dongle plugged directly into my computer and run BktTimeSync by IZ2BKT. You can choose either NTP time servers or take the time from the GPS without needing internet connection.

Write me off list for details.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail: