Yes, the NCC-1 is a superb unit, especially for use on 160, 80, and 40M. It's usefulness diminishes above 30M. I'm using one to phase a spaced pair of VE3DO loops that are physically aimed at EU. Using the NCC-1, I can shift the pattern +/- 20-30 degrees. The combined loops produce some pretty deep (and narrow) nulls, so it's often possible to peak the signal while nulling a single noise source.

VE3DO loops are rectangular receiving loops that are 40 ft long by 10 ft high, with the lower horizontal segment about 2 ft off the ground. The loops are optimized for 160M, but work well on 80M. They're spaced 5/8 wavelength on 160, which is about 350 ft. The spaced pair has directivity similar to a full wavelength Beverage, but the vertical pattern is broader for the loops, so the two antennas complement each other for signals arriving at different vertical angles.

http://www.ok1rr.com/index.php/onair/8-qmgr

The great thing about the NCC-1 is that as the phase knob is rotated, the phase difference is a nearly linear straight line, AND the amplitude difference is quite small. On 160 and 80, the difference is less than about 0.15 dB; it's a bit greater on 40M, and about 0.5 dB on 20M. That flatness makes it FAR easier to tune than its lower cost alternatives.

As others have noted, noise cancellation works only for a single source at a time.

73, Jim K9YC