I find Don's info to be exactly correct as it applies to the USB connection between the radio and computer. As to the Line IN and Line OUT on the back of the radio........I've never used it.

With Windows 10, if you wish the Sound Card to show the levels in dB, just right click on the level slider in the Recording devices for example. This will give one the option of displaying the level as "decibels" or "percentage". For WSJT-X I find 0 dB about optimum, for HRD/DM780 I use +10 dB and for FLDIGI and MMTTY about +15 dB seems best. For the Speaker level, adjust about mid scale with a full scale value of 50 . In the Playback devices window the level is about - 10 dB.

The default value for LINE OUT in my K3S is 010. I've found no need to change this as the other controls in the computer and application software are most adequate. All this applies when using DATA A mode in the K3S. If you aren't using DATA A mode, then be sure any EQ or CMP values are set to zero.

73
Bob, K4TAX
S/N 10163