From: wd8...@twc.com
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net, "erw edl" <erw....@gmail.com>, "Craig LaBarge"
<craig.laba...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:14:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 power outlets

Gene and others,

If you look in the owner's manual you will notice that Chevy has already
provided this. You need to look in the up-fitters section, which can be
downloaded from the Chevy website. You will find the wiring diagram of the
truck there. The accessory outlets are wired with 18 or 16AWG wire and NOT
recommended for anything that draws large current above about 10 amps
intermittent.

There are two ways to get the power you need into the cab. One is provided as a
feed-thru from the under-hood fuse panel in the accessory wiring block in the
cab above the parking brake pedal. It is a black covered block. All you need is
to buy the connector and pins from the dealer or an up-fitter and put in the
proper fuse. If you prefer as I did to run your own, you have plenty of room in
the wiring grommet just above the box to add at least 2 10AWG wires which you
can run to the battery. Add an inline fuse and attach to the battery accessory
connector already on the battery using the appropriate hardware. Bring the wire
through the grommet and under the carpet to the seat, where the carpet is split
to be able to get it to the center console (if desired) or down the channel to
the rear of the truck as desired. I mounted my radio (id880) in the tissue
compartment (its is 8x10" opening or a little larger) in the back of the
console; head in front of the cup holders and anten

na on the roof where it belongs.

Enjoy your install.

Phil, WD8QWR

Message delivered to donov...@starpower.net