Martin,

The CW in SSB option already exists in the KX3. Turn to page 37 in the manual and look at the CW WGHT menu description for how to turn it on and off. With it turned on, your CW will be transmitted when touching the paddles even though the mode is in SSB. Your signal will be heard by the other operator (listening in SSB mode) at whatever sidetone pitch you have set in the KX3.

73,
Don W3FPR