The version I heard had a staffer marking up a memo Winnie had written,
and noting that he had ended a sentence with a preposition.  He
reportedly penciled in the margin, "This is an insubordination up with
which I will not put."

Regarding the original subject of this thread, my wife knows nothing
about ham radio, nor does she really care beyond the fact that I enjoy
it thus giving her license to enjoy her hobbies (knitting, needlepoint
[about as expensive as ham radio] and gardening).  However, I am
colorblind and there is no light, torch, or flashlight that will make
the color codes any more readable, so she learned the code, takes the
resistors under her Ott light and sorts them for me by value.  Wasn't
necessary on the K2, of course.  Thanks Eric and Wayne.

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw