The issue is not that the paddles don't leave the factory fully tested and operational, but that the stand-offs (E700348) loosen after a period of time from normal use.

As posted by several of us previously, the fix is simply to place a small dab of Loctite Blue on the threads of the two flathead screws (E700277) which secure the stand-offs.

Loctite Blue worked for me. Some prefer Loctite Red. A last resort would be JB Weld.

Once adjusted to the operator's taste, the KXPD2 is a very nice little paddle.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV