No, Brian.  I have done none of the software mode settings.  I’ll take another
look though and more testing.

Thanks and 73,

Terry, W0FM

From: Brian Waterworth [mailto:brian.waterwo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 4:17 PM
To: Terry Schieler
Cc: Elecraft List
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: Odd ALC behavior

Hi Terry,

I have actually disabled all those settings in WSJT-X.  I don't let WSJT-X put
the rig into data mode (from the Radio tab - MODE = NONE).  I don't remember
the power settings by band on the Audio tab within the settings dialogue.  I
setup my KX3 ahead of time for digital modes (using a macro) and leave it that
way for all data modes (FLdigi, WSJT-X, etc.).

Do you have any of these options selected?  Have you tried disabling them,
setup your sound card, etc. as per Don's et al. instructions and then changed
bands back and forth?

regards,

Brian

VE3IBW