Keith,
Ist late in teh evening in Germany and I dont have the papers here at home,
But you find the MC43 in the ssb Option manual. If you use it as it is, the
jumpers on the jumperbank are stright forward, you may use the 2pin computer
jumpers for the pins directly. The up and down keys of the microfon no can
be used to switch VFO A/B.
Nut as I said, this is all described in the elecraft SSB manual

72 de Peter, DL2FI
www.qrpproject.de