I have just a few criteria, and I’m at the age that it isn’t terribly likely
I’d replace my K3 (or K3S) anyway unless the “new” thing were absolutely
positively spectacular.  Whatever the K4 is, as prime criteria, I don’t want to
have to depend on someone else's OS, someone else’s glitchy application
software, someone else’s general purpose computer hardware, or someone else’s
idea of what a computer interface should look like.

This is one place where glitzy tech for the sake of glitzy tech and a fancy
display isn’t worth the price of admission.  I don’t care about touch screens.
I couldn’t keep track of 16 receive slices.  And I want a knob not a mouse.
It’s about the RADIO. The radio would have to be sooooo good in an actual
PRACTICAL(!) way that I couldn’t resist.  There’s nothing on the market now
that meets the criteria … period.

That said, I fully expect there to be some kind of follow on radio.  Coming
from Elecraft,  I would expect it to be a great radio that is a significant
step up.  Otherwise, why bother?

> */My wish is a removable front face like the Kenwood tx2000b ................
> Or a remote face like the Flex Maestro with Blue Tooth and WIFI for remote
> operation to the shack K4.

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091, KX3 #8342