A couple of things to check. Be sure the Line Output from the radio is not set
to high such that it is driven into distortion.

Also check the computer CODEC gain isn't too high and it being driven into
distortion. This is set in Windows Sound device Recording Level.

Also make sure the ALC is ON and handling the signal. Perhaps some attention on
the input of the receiver is in order.

The receiver Noise Blanker should be OFF.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone