I agree with Jim, very strong signals will wash out a waterfall but have very
little effect on decodes.  I have decoded extremely weak signals only a fewHz
away from strong signals.  I leave filters at 2700hz and NEVER use anotch
filter on any WSJT modes.
73, Dave N4DB

On Sunday, August 27, 2017, 6:41:03 PM EDT, Jim Brown