> As you'd expect, for professional use, the Pace and
> the Metcal are the most costly - and the "best" at
> what they do.

I'm curious what makes one unit better than another other than the obvious
differences between a temperature-controlled iron and a $10 radio shack
unit. Are you thinking of technical issues like recovery time and supporting
multiple irons/accessories or is it subjective issues like size, weight,
feel, cord length, etc?

I've got a Hakko 936 that does a fine job, and I'm having a hard time
imagining what else it could do that would make it "better".

Craig
NZ0R
K1 #1966
K2/100 #4941