Hi,
    I hope someone can help me out with my KDSP2. On page 18 during initial
checkout of unit and at the "rtc " display, I am unable to turn it on. That is
, EDIT followed by BAND doesn't turn unit on. On power up of K2, the LED does
come on briefly and turns off. AFIL held shows "not installed". I went to
trouble shoot section in manual and did everything under error message (
removed U1, checked for bent pins, unwanted solder bridges, parts installed
properly and in correct placement, and voltages on U1. Turned power on and off
with no change. I did have a KAF installed before the DSP2 and it worked very
well with no problems. The voltages present on U1 are:
                      PIN 5 = 5.02 V  ( should be 0 )

                      Pin 14 = 0 V  ( should be 5.0 v )
                      Pin 15 - 19 = 5.02 V  ( should be 0 V )
                      Pin 20 - 24 =   OK Voltages
                      Pin 25 = 0.2 - 0.4 V  (should be 0 V )
                      Pin 27 = 5.04 V    ( should be 0 V )
                      Pins 26 + 28 = 0 V   OK
K2 does have 2.04P and IOC 1.09 firmware upgrades. K2 was a version A (
pre-3000) and did A to B upgrade).
 This could be a Lyle Johnson solution but I'll take suggestions from anyone
who has encountered a similar problem with their KDSP2.

   73, Pete
          KB2OFC