Pete....Looks like Easter weekend is pretty slow for getting help with
your problem.  Guess the tekkies are out of pocket.  Unfortunately, I have
not gone down the DSP road yet, so I'm not much help.  In fact, I ordered
the DSP accessory & the A to B upgrade for my K2/100 (#1411) on Friday.

Looks like you've provided some good trouble-shooting information.  The
wrong voltages on the U-1 must be indicating a problem somewhere.

I had a problem with one of my options & I contacted Elecraft Tech help &
they sent me a replacement IC since the problem sounded like a b/o IC.
Sure enough that was the problem.

Another way to ck for bad solder joints would be to use a digital camera &
shoot some shots that you could print out or just look at on computer
screen.

Good luck, I'll be watching to see what the problem is.

73 de K5AVJ
Lynn

Hi,
    I hope someone can help me out with my KDSP2. On page 18 during
initial
checkout of unit and at the "rtc " display, I am unable to turn it on.
That is
, EDIT followed by BAND doesn't turn unit on. On power up of K2, the LED
does
come on briefly and turns off. AFIL held shows "not installed". I went to
trouble shoot section in manual and did everything under error message (
removed U1, checked for bent pins, unwanted solder bridges, parts
installed
properly and in correct placement, and voltages on U1. Turned power on and
off
with no change. I did have a KAF installed before the DSP2 and it worked
very
well with no problems.