I agree with Don.  It appears that many seem to make a simple solution much to
complex.  Stop and think about the elements or points that control audio
levels.  And don't forget, if you use the computer for other sound card
applications, it may change levels.  It may be necessary to make notes as to
values or settings until you feel comfortable with each application.

Here to assist.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone