Yikes! +/-30 secs and you might not even be transmitting when the other station
is listening.

It's pretty well accepted that <1s is minimum accuracy for good performance. On
EME you're looking for dT around 2.5 secs to help identify valid signals. If
you're not within 0.3s, I'd be looking for a better solution.

Dimension 4 worked great on my XP machine. When I upgraded last year to a much
faster Win 7, per recommendation from EME guru W7GJ's site, I installed
Meinberg which has been trouble free. Since K6QXY's computer for JT isn't
internet connected, I got a USB puck GPS receiver and NMEATime from
VisualGPS.net for Bob, and it's been an excellent solution. Software plus
receiver around $50. I expected we'd have to put the puck outdoors, but it
locked just fine laying on the computer desk.

That's been my experience!

73,
Josh W6XU

Sent from my mobile device