Udo,
I've been using my K3S on FT-8 with great success via the K3S' internal soundcard. I use it with MMTTY all the time as well and it decodes better than a HAL ST-8000 I used to own. Listen to what K9YC says, he knows what he's talking about.

W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jim Brown" <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 9/19/2017 11:06:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Specs KIO3-B internal sound card

On 9/19/2017 3:55 PM, Udo Langenohl - DK5YA wrote:
compared to high quality external devices SNR and THD+N is rather poor. And so is the dynamic range and the max. sampling rate of just 48KHz.

Don't fall into the trap of "specsmanship" and thinking you need cutting edge audio products for ham radio, which is a FAR less demanding application. WSJT-X operates at 48 kHz 16-bit,