Asus U5 in use with older K3
Works great
At home qth

Looking forward to this weekend using K3 with usb kiob3 sound for rtty
At vy2

73 Robert W5AJ

On Sep 19, 2017 9:32 PM, "Clay Autery" <k...@montac.com> wrote:

Don't you think being "rather disappoint[ed]" in the internal sound card
is a bit demanding?  Do you really expect a 192 kHz, studio grade DAC
internal to the radio?

I understand the desire for low noise and wide bandwidth... I do.  But
to put a Focusrite Scarlett grade sound interface internal to the radio
is simply over the top.  Shoot, why not simply ask for a full 12 channel
outboard mixer/DAC be miniaturized and stuff in next to the 100 W amp,
sub reciver, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Not trying to be a jerk...  just trying to adjust your perspective a
bit.  Hope your DXpedition goes swimmingly.  If you don't need a lot of
additional external channels, you might try one of the ASUS or other
external sound cards devices folks use with/for the LP-PAN II and other
devices...  Many of them are 192kHz, pretty low noise and a decently
flat frequency response.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389