From: "Stokley W3SB Benson" <w...@ptd.net>
To: "Elecraft" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 8:31:17 PM
Subject: Power on banner - odd behavior

Hello,

Today I successfully updated the firmware on my K3 using the latest version of
the K3 Utility. At that time I also changed the scrolling sign on banner. Now
when I power up the K3, I'm getting text showing up before the reset banner.
For example if my new banner is my call, W3SB, before it scrolls there is text,
let's say "XYZ_" ahead of it. Since "XYZ" is a piece of equipment I used to
have, I know that I set "XYZ" at some point, but for the life of me I don't
know how. Is there some other way that the sign on banner text can be set? This
really has me puzzled.

73, Monty W3SB