Hello all. I have a K2, 6000+ serial number, that I'm trying to get working
correctly. Unknown history. A quick test showed the filters were not
properly adjusted (could hear both sidebands of carrier on some bands). I
thought it would be best to do a top-down alignment.

I adjusted the 4 MHz oscillator, verified the PLL reference oscillator
range (12.43 kHz), VCO test and VCO alignment. No problems up to that
point.

I'm having an issue at the BFO test. The BFO high frequency is 4916.04 kHz
and the low frequency is 4913.82 kHz. That's a difference of 2.19 kHz, well
below the 3.6 kHz stated minimum.

I verified the crystals at X3 and X4 were the correct type, along with the
values of D37, D38, C173 and C174. I didn't see any PCB trace damage in the
area. I reflowed the solder on those pins but didn't see a significant
change in the BFO frequency range. I checked the VBFO control voltage and
had 7.81 V at the high BFO frequency down to 0.00 V at the low BFO
frequency.

Any advice on how to move forward?

Thanks and 73,
Mike M.