Don,
My replacement BFO crystals arrived today and I installed them. My BFO
range is now 5.66 kHz. FIXED! Thank you!

I have to add a note about what I call "Elecraft Mojo". The crystals were
back ordered so there was a delay before they could be shipped. The package
was sent Friday from California on its way to Florida. USPS web page said
that the package would deliver on Monday. I checked the tracking info this
morning (Sunday) and it said that the package was at the local sorting
facility. So, on track for a Monday delivery. I went out to the mailbox to
drop off an outgoing letter this afternoon and I was surprised to see a
Priority Mail box inside. Sure enough, it was my Elecraft parts order,
delivered by the USPS ON SUNDAY!!! To make sure I wasn't losing my mind I
checked the tracking info again and sure enough, it was sorted and
delivered today. I have NEVER received regular mail on a Sunday. Just more
of that Elecraft Mojo.

And, of course, my tiny little order was treated with the same urgency and
respect as when I bought the radio new. What a great company.

Now, off to finish the alignment!
Thanks again and 73
Mike M.
KU4QO