From: "Ian White" <gm3...@ifwtech.co.uk>
To: "'Dave Fugleberg'" <dave.w...@gmail.com>,
        <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SDRPlay as panadapter

Hi Dave

I connect the SDRplay through a 3dB splitter at the 28MHz RX output of
the transverter. A hybrid splitter is used to maximize the isolation
between the SDR and the K3's receiver.

This method is used in preference to the internal 8.2MHz IF output of
the K3 because the transverter output port can deliver a higher
signal/noise ratio to the input of the SDR, which improves its ability
to display extremely weak VHF/UHF signals.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail: