On 9/30/2017 8:51 AM, Barry Baines wrote:
What size SVGA monitors do you use? I presume there is a tradeoff between real
estate being used by the monitors versus preferred viewing size for seeing what
the P3 can provide.
Exactly right. There's also the issue of finding monitors that will run on 12-14VDC, so that they can be powered from clean power supplies. :)  And you want a monitor with a VESA mount. Several years ago, Costco was selling a 24-in Samsung that runs on a nominal 14VDC, and that is reasonably quiet if its cables are well choked. 14VDC models have been disappearing from Samsung's product line, but there may still be some around. Also, not all Samsung monitors are RF quiet -- W4UAT gave me one with touch controls that turned flips in the presence of RF and also was quite noisy. He couldn't use it in his station because he was on a small lot with antennas very close to the shack. I tried using it for a while, but eventually gave it away.

73, Jim K9YC