Yes, exactly my point.

Although one may find the local AM or FM station is "exciting" these lamps, be they CFL or LED.  They may, to some extent, generate the crap we hear.   For us hams, when we transmit the noise may be produced but is not of concern in as much as they are quiet when we receive.  But as Jim, K9YC says, this may happen when a nearby transmitter is active, the nearby receiver is plagued with noise.

Clearly the CFL devices I used for testing did produce many more and higher level harmonics than the LED devices.   I did not have a large sample of lamps, but the ones used, did show issues with the LED units showing less than CFL's.

73

Bob, K4TAX