Drew,

True diversity reception requires 2 receivers which are locked together in not only frequency, but also in phase. The KRX3 receiver is of the same design and implementation as the main receiver, making diversity reception possible.

The antennas must be different, one horizontal and the other vertical as one example although other combinations are possible - not only differing polarization but oriented in different directions.

The result is that an "option board" for one receiver will not create the conditions necessary for diversity receive - two receivers can produce that result.

73,
Don W3FPR