I see that the small aux board must be removed as there is a "null" pin in
the plug and cable, so went ahead and did that and hooked up the KPA100 with
its RF out to the meter to the dummy load.

When I hold TUNE/DISPLAY, I get a display that looks like <x.y> <x.y - z>
with values when power is turned all the way down: 0.1 1.2-1 and all the way
up 4 2.1-1 Is that pwr and swr?

If I key down the display reverts to frequency immediately, so seems I can't
use TUNE/DISPLAY to monitor the power setting or key down output.

As I turn the power up or down I get HiCur almost constantly until I let go
of the power button. The behavior of the knob is not smooth, jumps a few to
several watts sometimes. Not sure if that's a dirty pot or a control board
problem.

-----
Cloud Warmer Ham Radio Blog
--