Ummm ... sorry about that ... you're correct. I operate split so rarely that turning "The Big Knob" takes them together in my mind.  Also, I misread the notes in my station notebook regarding the bin widths, Ron's description is correct, mine was a little wrong.

Regarding using MAN mode when operating normally ... it depends on the operating mode to some extent.  The KAT measures the forward and reflected power sequentially so it is possible for the fwd measurement to me made at a power minimum [like in SSB] and the reflected to be made at a higher output power.  This will be computed as a higher SWR and might trigger an autotune.  Shouldn't be a problem on digital modes like PSK31, the JT's, and FT8.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County