For that very reason, in our camper operation, I use a end fed antenna.  The matching network is a tapped coil and variable C forming an L network.  The circuit is in a small plastic box with a SO-239 on each end, thus it is reversible.   This allows a wide range of impedance selections, plus the L network, unlike a T network, will only resolve a match at one value combination of L and C values.

I carry a 100 ft spool of #22 insulated hook up wire.  Unroll some estimated length, drop a half hitch around the spool and toss the spool over a convenient limb.   When ready to retrieve the antenna, turn the feed end loose and let the spool drop to the ground.  I've never experienced a length or condition where I could not satisfactorily match the band/frequency I wanted to use.

73

Bob, K4TAX