I tested the endfed from myantennas at 1 kw. The transformer was only warm
so no significant losses there. The feeder was RF hot so a toroid choke was
added. Cable no longer hot and toroid cold. SWR low on many bands. So the
only significant losses could have been through the ground.

This is obvious after a bit of thought. A vertical or inv L ( or low inv V)
needs either good ground or lots of radials for small ground losses. With
endfed, there is one radial, the feeder. So excellent performance by the
beach, not bad in good ground, so so in poor ground.

Ignacy