I finished the mods to the board and went through the receiver alignment on 20
and 40 to discover that although I was getting some signal, it was way way down
from before.

After reviewing the email thread on the other deaf KX1, I checked the
resistance to ground from both sides of L6 and found it was shorted.

All the joints in the area looked good, and no bridges could be seen, so I
started to look at the top of the board and noticed that T2 sits right on top
of one on the ends of L6. I lifted T2 off the board slightly so there was no
contact, and checked the resistance again - it was good. About 1000 ohms with
R1 in the minimum position, and 1.5 - 2.5 ohms at the max, as Ron decribed in
the prior email.

Connecting the KX1 to a noise source in this condition gave a nice loud noise
signal.

How should I go about fixing this? I wouldn't think the enameled wire or the
core would present an opportunity for a short. The pad of L6 is not near any
tinned wire coming from T2.

Should I put some insulation there? A bit of tape maybe?

Thanks
Mike N2HTT
KX1 099, currently in surgery