Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 08:05:16 -0700
From: Doug Person <d...@k0dxv.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 PRE function question

That seems odd. I live in a community of about 2000 spread over an area
of 450 square miles. There is power and phone service to every house.
Internet is either satellite or over the cellular network. My noise
level on 20 meters is less than S1 and usually doesn't even move the
meter. 80 and 40 are typical of atmospheric conditions. Even on my
full-size 40 meter vertical the noise level is typically S1 to S2.

You must just have some really bad luck. I think I live in a typical
rural community where the only real noise generator is a cranky electric
fence.

Doug -- K0DXV

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com