I worked the ARRL 160 this last weekend,
ran QRP. I had a couple technical problems
that came up, one relates to the K3s. I'm
asking here first if someone has
experienced this.

I prefer running the K3s in Diversity in
the contests. I find it is more helpful to
take the -3 dB loss (or whatever it is)
when using diversity than to hear louder
when only using the one Rx. Diversity
helps in the tough times to allow me to
hear almost undecipherable details when
the band condition collapses.

During the contest the K3s would slip out
of diversity and leave the Rx at a
previous point and I would also hear the
VFO A frequency. It got confusing when
this happened and no, I didn't bump the
diversity button accidentally. I was using
the Marker A & encoder on the P3 to
navigate me through the signals, not the
VFO A knob.

I never saw it happening, it would be a
discovery when I would hearing a call I'd
worked earlier while onto a new station to
listen to and I'd see the diversity light
was not flashing but the sub RX was still
engaged. I never looked to see if it was
the last station I worked or back farther.

The one possible time I might have noticed
something happening was when I heard the
the effect of listening to the VFO B knob
turning on the crowded band while
listening to a fixed signal on VFO A. I
noticed the effect, looked at the K3s and
sure enough the diversity had somehow
unlocked. (What I have no idea of is if
that sound was someone QSYing or my radio
QSYing) This happened 5-6 times in the
contest. It never has happened before that
I remember.

Also using Win4K3Suite (good program) &
K1EL's USB winkey at the same time with
N1MM.

Any idea what might be happening and how
to prevent it from doing this again?

Thanks & 73,

Gary
KA1J