Hi Rod,

On 24/04/06, Rod N0RC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Looking at PSK31 programs for Linux, so far I found:
>
> KPSK -- http://kpsk.sourceforge.net/
> LinPSK -- http://linpsk.sourceforge.net/
> xpsk31, lpsk31 -- http://5b4az.mattsnetwork.co.uk/pages/digital.html
> gpsk -- http://www.qsl.net/pg4i/linux/gpsk31.html
>
> So far I like KDE the best, emulates the look and feel of digipan. Or
> so it seems reviewing it on paper.
>
> If I switch to Linux, I'll likely use KDE, but if I don't, I'd like to

you mean when you switch to linux, right?

> know about alternative PSK31 programs. Minimum requirements are tuning
> indicator, text file transmission. Desired features are: waterfall
> display, QSO logging, multi-freq. display/QSO monitoring. Serial port
> control is not necessary, I'll be using VOX control.

I have been using gmfsk a lot http://gmfsk.connect.fi/
It supports many digital modes + CW, has tuning indicator, waterfall,
spectrum scope and best of all, it can extract QSO data from the
received text, create a log entry and send it to xlog. I have been
using the 0.7pre1 version for a long time now and it has never crashed
for me.

> I don't have Linux up and running yet, still evaluating the
> availability of all other applications I need/want. So, I can't really
> test things myself. Will appreciate any comments/hints/pointers to
> reviews...etc.
>
> --
> 73, Rod N0RC

73