While the Owners Manual is indeed super, the single largest aid for me was having all the resistors taped in the order of insertion.  I'm colorblind, I checked each with the ohmmeter as I was about to select it [normal procedure for me], but that one thoughtful feature removed a huge number of possibly screw-ups for me while building it, had I been required to sort them all out in advance.  Mine worked perfectly when I first went through the test procedures.

Nice work guys!

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn