Lenny,

You might want to consider doing all the A to B upgrades to that K2, and that includes changing the IF crystals on both the K2 RF Board as well as the KSB2 filter bandwidth to the current 2.4kHz. If you have the KPA100, it can likely benefit from the KPA100UPKT and the new shield.
A fully upgraded K2 will perform like a new K2.

73,
Don W3FPR