I've gotten K2 # 5422 - out of the crates, out of the
hanger, onto the tarmack, and pushed out a ways, to
Part III alignment.  Thanks to superb help from
"Scott", "Gary", "Lisa", "Don" and Elecraft Parts and
Support groups - I've had a successful build so far!

Can't say enough about both the experts on this
"board", and with Elecraft's support team.  VERY NICE
to work with.  Its a good feeling, knowing there is
help a hollar away!

QUESTION:  K2 BANDS?

How does one know what "BAND" the K2 is set for?
I know I can do BAND+ and BAND-, and I can do
BAND+/BAND- frequencies entries.  BUT HOW DO I (me)
know - what BAND the K2 thinks it is in?  There
must be a base BAND spot - where all the ups, downs,
and changes go from.  When I did the VCO RF BOARD
alignments - at one point, I had the K2's bands
all messed up.  I think I was able to get it back -
but I'm still not sure I understand the philosophy the
K2 uses - for being in 1 band or another.

Once I do get the K2 in a known BAND, how do I
change frequencies IN THAT BAND?

One almost wonders why there isn't a "Band Swith",
with markings 80/40/.........  :)  I think those
little black relay boxes, have a hand in this
madness.

Thanks,
Fred Osborne, N3CSY
FL