Well, between list failures and a lack of the "real world" experience replies I was seeking, I have decided to continue using the Behringer MS40 pair. Just wasn't meant to be.

I did receive a couple of direct replies indicating I might well be disappointed in the low end department - which I need for AM and SWL. I also dabble in ESSB.

Actually, when it comes to receiving - I personally think it is more about the Receive EQ in the K3 than about the quality/specs of the speaker. Similar to how a cheap mic can be made to sound like an RCA ribbon mic. Of course, this is not true for a lesser rig - in which case, speaker choice can be very important.

I was considering the SP3 due to its size and K3 style match. However, as the new desk is still in the paper/pencil stage, I can accommodate the Behringers.

Bill W2BLC K-Line