Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 5:55 PM
To: Greg Best ; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] MICROHAM USB III INTERFACE WITH K3 UTILITY DOES NOT WORK

Greg,

Do you have a USB to serial cable other than the MicroHam?

If so, try connecting using K3 Utility with it.  If it works, then you
will know the K3 is OK, and the computer (at least for K3 Utility) is OK
too.
If that is the case, then you will only need to look at the MicroHam,
the serial cable from the Microham to the K3 and the cable between the
computer and Microham.

That is a lot better than trying to troubleshoot the entire system
(computer, Microham and K3) as a single unit - in other words, isolate
the problem to one box and its connecting cables.

Set the baud rate for the COM port at 38400.

73,
Don W3FPR