Chris -

I don't think there is a way to do this. I have wanted to do the same thing, but so far, no luck, Perhaps one of the future firmware revisions will include this feature. Like you, I also prefer to have one VFO on CW and the other on SSB. Actually, it would be very helpful to be able to have the last mode used on a band, together with which VFO was active, be remembered too.

I am not sure how much storage room is available for that sort of thing in the software. We're probably both a bit spoiled by the features on our Mark V's - Hi! Still, I do love the quietness of the Elecraft receiver.

- Jim, KL7CC

Chris Hurlbut wrote:

Is there a way to make the VFO A/B change modes?  I know it keeps the
same mode per band... seems everything is "per band" if I read the
manual correctly.
Normally I keep VFO A on CW, and VFO B on SSB, on each band.  Is there a
way to do this without having to switch modes manually each time I swap
VFO's?  Like when I am on 7005 CW and go to VFO B, I'll be on 7185 CW,
instead of LSB.  Can this be done?

Thanks!!

-Chris KL9A